Many people complain about not being able to ‘get rich’ or struggling to ‘break free’ from debt and scraping by.
To overcome this we need to start by looking at what we do each day that might be stopping the shift from poor to rich.
Here is a great list of 20 statistics that one of our team members shared about how ‘rich people’ do things compared to ‘poor people’.
- 70% of wealthy eat less than 300 junk food calories per day. 97% of poor people eat more than 300 junk food calories per day.
- 23% of wealthy gamble. 52% of poor people gamble.
- 80% of wealthy are focused on accomplishing some single goal. Only 12% of the poor do this.
- 76% of wealthy exercise aerobically 4 days a week. 23% of the poor do this.
- 63% of wealthy listen to audio books during commute to work vs. 5% for poor people.
- 81% of wealthy maintain a to-do list vs. 19% for poor.
- 63% of wealthy parents make their children read 2 or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% for poor.
- 70% of wealthy parents make their children volunteer 10 hours or more a month vs. 3% for poor.
- 67% of wealthy write down their goals vs. 17% for poor.
- 88% of wealthy read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons vs. 2% for poor.
- 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% for poor.
- 79% of wealthy network 5 hours or more each month vs. 16% for poor.
- 67% of wealthy watch 1 hour or less of TV every day vs. 23% for poor.
- 6% of wealthy watch reality TV vs. 78% for poor.
- 44% of wealthy wake up 3 hours before work starts vs. 3% for poor.
- 74% of wealthy teach good daily success habits to their children vs. 1% for poor.
- 84% of wealthy believe good habits create opportunity luck vs. 4% for poor.
- 76% of wealthy believe bad habits create detrimental luck vs. 9% for poor.
- 86% of wealthy believe in life-long educational self-improvement vs. 5% for poor.
- 86% of wealthy love to read vs. 26% for poor.
We all have things on this list that we need to change or be more consistent with… we know we do!
So start with changing your mind… educate yourself about how money really works now… not how the school system teaches you…
As always don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
John and Linda Ballis
For more helpful tips on balancing your life and further articles on how to achieve this balance revisit this blog regularly, http://wheeloflifeblog.com or go to our website http://wheeloflifebook.com and purchase our book “The Wheel of Life’s 8 Keys to Success”.
For help with improving your financial success visit our blogs http://freedomwithcashflow.com/