What would make you happy…really happy?
Is it more money, a new car, a promotion at work? Sometimes we get lost in the materialism that’s all around us and forget that happiness really lies within ourselves.
If we take a moment to reflect, our eyes can be opened to the joy behind what may seem on the surface, at least, to be the stumbling blocks in our lives.
A thankful spirit is a healthy spirit. As the twists and turns of life lead to feelings of being out of control, sometimes our attitude is all that we have control over…the following reflection may help you develop a thankful attitude. Sometimes life is all about how we look at it!
I am thankful for…
• the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
• the taxes I pay because it means that I am employed.
• a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
• my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
• the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
• all of the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
• my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
• the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
• the alarm that goes off early in the morning hours because it means that I am alive.
• the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
• weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.
Remember to be happy it is up to you.
John and Linda Ballis
Wheel of Life book
For more helpful tips on balancing your life and further articles revisit this blog regularly, http://wheeloflifeblog.com or go to our website http://wheeloflifebook.com and purchase our book “The Wheel of Life’s 8 Keys to Success”