- Many workplaces have improved when it comes to accommodating workers’ family responsibilities, with legislative provisions and workplace policies.
- Work/life balance initiatives include job sharing, flexible working hours, working from home and paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Many tend to think of the work and family balance as strictly a woman’s issue.
- A life out of balance can be illustrated through stress, feeling overwhelmed, tired or exhausted.
- Managing your time and completing a thorough self-audit of what actually means the most to us.
Remember that one person’s daily schedule might be paradise for some but a nightmare for others. So allow yourself to determine your own measure of work/life balance and, as a result, the impossible will become not only possible but extremely enjoyable and fulfilling.
It’s no secret that many of us are feeling too overwhelmed, pressured and short of time to pursue the things that would actually make us feel good. Even worse, the sheer array of paths available to us to achieve work/life balance (WLB) is enough to send our stress barometers sky-rocketing even higher. Continue reading “How to maintain the work-life balance”